Friday, February 5, 2010

Where's the proof?

I found some really interesting statements on the internet about formaldehyde and the build-up of the toxin in our bodies.  The statements claim that during the Vietnam War, the bodies of the Vietnamese dead decomposed at a faster rate than the bodies of the American dead.  Further, the statements claim that twenty years ago twice as much formaldehyde was needed to embalm a person as what is needed today... because, they infer, we are slowly embalming ourselves by using formaldehyde in everything. 

I finally tracked those claims down supposedly to a "Kay Heizer of Healthy Choices."  I then found where she claims the stats came from the National Institute of Health.  I can't find the research on the NIH website, nor can I find a website for this Healthy Choices non-profit.  Does it exist?  Who is Kay Heizer?  Are all these claims part of an urban legend?

No comments: