Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finding new uses for old things

I am always intrigued to see how people find new uses for old items.  The creativity and ingenuity is always impressive. I'm not too handy with figuring out new uses, and then I see something someone else has done and I think, "Why didn't I think of that?"  So then I wander around the house seeing what I can change or create, and I usually come up with a big NADA. 

So, what items have you repurposed with success? The most impressive one I've seen recently is a local business that refurbished an old barn for their site.  They used an old windmill as the ceiling fan and the slate off an old roof for part of the floors. It looks great! 

Me?  Well, for years I've used my grandparents old chamber pot as the wastebasket in my bathroom.  Not nearly as impressive, eh? But, I continue to try...

No comments: